Senior Project Engineer | Melbourne
|Position Type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||27-Jan-2017|
Lendlease is a leading international property and infrastructure group. Our vision is to create the best places not just for our clients and communities, but especially for our employees.
Our Services business is a specialist engineering, construction and asset management contractor, connecting industries and communities with vital infrastructure. The company is responsible for creating, operating and maintaining public and private assets serving millions of people each day.
Our telecommunications business continues to expand nationally and we now have an exciting opportunity for a Project Manager with 1-2 years experience ideally with 5 years telecommunications experience. As Project Manager you will be responsible for providing support to our field operations to ensure projects are successfully completed to client contractual completion requirements.
Reporting to the Construction Manager, your accountabilities will include:
- Administer Client Projects to ensure construction teams are fully supported from commencement through to completion
- Overall management and coordination, estimating, preparation of quotes and completion documentation in accordance with client contracts
- Liaison with clients and sub-contractors to ensure all parties are aligned with completions requirements.
- Assisting in the review of completions requirements and providing recommendations for the collection of completion artefacts.
- Supporting the project teams in reviewing and updating project status, and identifying opportunities for improvements and managing delays.
- Assisting with the analysis and management of the completion commitment dates with the project schedule.
- With the support of the technical team, drive the rectification of defects pre and post request of completion.
- Coordination of start planning activities (i.e. mandatory pre-start activities, Job Pack Briefing and Handovers) in coordination with the Project Leaders
- Ensuring all mandated site records (including photos pre-start and regular weekly progress status) and reports are prepared (by the Project Leaders) and submitted in accordance with the deadlines.
- Coordination in relation to 3rd parties such as land owners and regulatory authorities (e.g. power utility) in coordination with Land Access team
- Support of site construction works to assist in its delivery in a timely and safe manner.
- Monitor and support site progress reporting and identify any monitor and escalate potential or actual delays or dispute events.
- Administer client and internal company systems
- Administer and track variations and assist the Contracts Manager
- Maintain accurate Project Registers and verify final measurable SOR quantities.
- Progressive collation of the completion deliverables and transmission of information via client databases.
As the successful applicant, it is expected that you will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in Civil Engineering or Telecommunications (or similar)
- Experience in a Senior Project Engineer capacity with exposure to telecommunications /Civil/Infrastructure projects
- Proven ability to develop partnerships with a range of stakeholders including management, staff and clients
- Ability to assess client technical information and determine the impact on practical completions requirements.
- Strong organisational skills and the ability to work in a fast paced environment.
Lendlease is a diverse, flexible and inclusive employer of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people. Inclusion sets us all up for success.
To join this exciting new project delivery team or to find out more about us and to explore all other opportunities, visit www.lendlease.com/careers