|Category:||Health and Safety|
|Position Type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||08-Mar-2017|
Lendlease is a leading international property and infrastructure group. Our vision is to create the best places not just for our clients and communities, but especially for our employees.
Our Services business is a specialist engineering, construction and asset management contractor, connecting industries and communities with vital infrastructure. The company is responsible for creating, operating and maintaining public and private assets serving millions of people each day.
We are currently seeking to appoint an Environmental Officer to join our Roads business based in Sydney’s Eastern Creek. In this role you will provide on the ground environmental management support to our delivery teams across the operations and maintenance of Sydney’s M7 Motorway.
Reporting to our Risk & Compliance Manager, you will be responsible for implementing and maintaining the environmental management system, providing training and guidance to staff and ensuring all environmental plans and procedures are carried out to meet the requirements of all compliance requirements, policies and objectives.
As a part of our team you will be responsible for:
- Implementing and maintaining the environmental management system
- Internal and external environmental audits
- Monitoring and managing Environmentally Sensitive Areas
- Implementing and developing the Landscape Strategy
- Project management of landscape renewal and maintenance programs
- Communicating effectively with the client and relevant stakeholders
To be successful in this role you will be experienced in environmental management with a strong technical background and experience in the linear infrastructure sector. As a minimum you will have a tertiary qualification in environmental science or management. You will hold a white card (or general construction induction card) and a current drivers licence. You will also possess the following specialist skills.
- Detailed knowledge of environmental legal requirements and standards
- Risk assessment and management knowledge and experience
- Knowledge of plant and noxious weed species
- Understanding of the long term goals of the wider organisation, its values and aspirations, and the legal and political context in which it operates
- Familiarity with contracts, service levels and procedures and proven skills in ensuring contracts are carried out to the specifications and budget
- Experience in managing contractors
- Competent use of computer programs including MS Word, MS Excel and MS Project
- Excellent written communication skills
- Ability to discuss problems and educate and motivate staff so that they meet the required standards
You will be a self-starter who can work with minimal supervision. You will be provided with a strong level of support by a business with strong management systems but we are seeking an individual who can think on their feet and who enjoys building strong and effective relationships with a diverse group of stakeholders both internal and external.
Our aim is to create a workplace where people are respected and encouraged to fulfil their potential. We embrace all employee difference and foster a culture that supports diversity and inclusion.
If you are focused and aspire to grow your career in a challenging and leading edge environment, then you will have a future with great possibilities with us.
Lendlease is a diverse, flexible and inclusive employer of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people. Inclusion sets all of us up for success.
To find out more about us and to explore all other opportunities, visit www.lendlease.com/careers