EHS Paramedic | NT - other
|Category:||Health and Safety|
|Position Type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||03-Apr-2017|
Lendlease is one of the world’s leading property and infrastructure groups. Our vision is to create the best places not just for our clients and communities, but especially for our employees.
The Lendlease Building business is Australia’s largest construction company, known for our ability to deliver high-quality projects on time and within budget. Most importantly, we are committed to operate ‘Incident & Injury Free’ wherever we have a presence.
We have a fantastic opportunity for a well-qualified and experienced EHS Paramedic / Onsite Industrial Paramedic to work on a 21/7 day FIFO basis. You will have excellent interpersonal communication skills, the ability to work in a team environment & autonomously, strong computer skills and most importantly are passionate about what you do.
The project is remote NT working on a major defence building project called Delamere weapons range. You will provide emergency response to site, first aid treatment, occupational health and health promotion to ensure coverage for the site.
Being such an important role for us as safety of our people is absolutely paramount; we have the following mandatory requirements:
- University degree in Paramedicine/Paramedical Science with minimum of 3 years ambulance, industrial or mine site experience (preferred) OR Diploma Applied Science (Ambulance Studies) TAFE SA OR other equivalent recognised qualifications such as PHTLS with minimum of 3 years' operational hands-on experience
- Advanced Life Support (ALS) accredited
- Australian Diver Licence (Manual)
- Evidence of National Police Clearance Certification (or willing to undertake)
- Competence in all aspects of onsite Emergency Response including, Fire Suppression, Hazmat, Vehicle Extrication, Confined Space Rescue, Road Crash Rescue (or willing to acquire)
- Ability to work autonomously and demonstrate initiative
- Highly effective communication and inter-personal skills
- Construction White Card – essential
- CERT IV Workplace Health and Safety
- Drug & Alcohol Testing Certification (National Accredited Training)*
- TAE and experienced in development and delivery of Toolbox training presentation
- Respond to all onsite medical emergencies, both work related and non-work related, which may include trauma, cardiac, psychological disorders
- Coordinate transport from emergency scenes
- Administer medication, immunisations and associated prescriptions
- Assess, treat, report and manage work and non-work related injuries and illnesses
- Use of medication administration devices (infusion pumps)
- Document and notify site management of all onsite injuries or incidents
- Toolbox talks and education sessions on health and hygiene protocols
- Develop professional relationships with onsite team, management and workers, other medical services providers including but not limited to counsellors, hospitals and regional ambulance teams
- Maintain all required certification standards
- Provide health care and advice to clients and contractors employees where required
- Participate in and support the FRT and training on site
- Ability to implement and manage Fatigue Management Plans
- Support site HSE activities (as required)
Please note we are open to FIFO origin from major cities & regional areas. The position will be FIFO on a 21/7 day roster until project completion, mid 2018.
Lendlease is a diverse, flexible and inclusive employer of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people. Inclusion sets all of us up for success.
Inspired to experience and create the best places with us? Click on the “Apply” button to send us your application or for more information contact Max Silvester via email on: email@example.com