Construction Director | Brisbane
|Position Type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Aug-2017|
As the Construction Director on the Kingsford Smith Drive upgrade, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part on one of Brisbane's most iconic road transformation projects. The upgrade will transform one of the city's busiest & most congested routes in to a vibrant urban corridor that will reduce traffic congestion and improve safety for all road users.
The Construction Director is accountable for the construction team's activities across the project. You will be responsible for creating a result's focussed team that works cooperatively and collaboratively whilst delivering a successful project that meets the needs of the client, the company and the community.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Develop Project Delivery Strategy including project objectives and client drivers;
- Responsible for People/Staff performance and development;
- Develop, monitor program and resource plan for project delivery;
- Take responsibility for Safety Performance of the project;
- Responsible for Environmental Compliance and Performance of the project;
- Promote a positive work health and safety culture; lead by example;
- Establish the project construction programs and ensure project team, including subcontractors and suppliers, understand and are committed to achieving the program;
- Understand commercial drivers of projects;
- Manage project cash flow (both cost and revenue); and
- Engage Clients and Stakeholders understanding their drivers and objectives for the project and manage accordingly.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
- Relevant tertiary qualifications in Engineering;
- 15+ years' experience in the industry preferably in an equivalent role;
- Previous civil construction experience for the duration of the project life cycle;
- Extensive experience & knowledge of the civil infrastructure sector;
- Understanding of civil / sub contract works and control processes;
- Expert knowledge of the relevant health & safety legislation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; in particular Word, Excel and Outlook; and
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge undesirable safety behaviour in a constructive manner.
We envisage that the successful applicant has previously worked on high profile urban civil projects in the past and can bring with them the knowledge, experience and tenacity that is required to deliver such an iconic project.
Our Engineering business offers a comprehensive civil engineering capability. We provide services to public and private clients with a focus on Roads, Bridges and Tunnels, Rail and Civil Infrastructure.
Lendlease is one of the world's leading property and infrastructure groups. Our vision is to create the best places not just for our clients and communities, but especially for our employees. Delivering iconic and award-winning projects, we are setting standards in innovative, safety and industry-leading project management, construction and design services locally and globally.
Lendlease is a diverse, flexible and inclusive employer of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people. Inclusion sets us all up for success.
All applications will need to be submitted via the online system. To find out more about this role contact Richard Lumb on 0448 307 542.