General Superintendent | Brisbane
|Position Type:||Permanent full-time|
|Attachments:||No File Attached|
|Application Close Date:||01-Aug-2017|
As the General Superintendent of the Kingsford Smith Drive upgrade, you will have the opportunity to be an integral part on one of Brisbane's most iconic road transformation projects. The upgrade will transform one of the city's busiest & most congested routes in to a vibrant urban corridor that will reduce traffic congestion and improve safety for all road users.
In this role, you will be responsible for the safe and successful completion of all field activities across the project in accordance with the program.
Duties and Responsibilities include but not limited to:
- Set clear performance expectations;
- Effectively manage team, stakeholders and subcontractors to deliver project outcomes;
- Take responsibility for the quality of all work under their supervision;
- Ensure that all construction works undertaken and completed are in conformance with the specification;
- Ensure and monitor safety and sustainability;
- Ensure all workers including subcontractors, work in accordance with the relevant Safe Work Method Statements;
- Assist the Project Manager with the monitoring of construction costs, identifying key areas of variance from the project budget;
- Provide input into Community and Stakeholder Engagement concerns and community complaints; and
- Develop and maintain teamwork and relationships with all site personnel, unions, consultants, authorities, subcontractors and clients involved with the project.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience required:
- Relevant trade qualifications plus Certificate IV in Civil Construction;
- 15+ years in the industry in an equivalent role;
- Previous civil construction experience for the duration of the project life cycle;
- Extensive experience & knowledge of the civil infrastructure sector; in particular transport & roads;
- Demonstrable experience working on major projects within a built up urban environment;
- Understanding of civil / sub contract works and control processes;
- Expert knowledge of the relevant health & safety legislation;
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; in particular Word, Excel and Outlook;
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills with the ability to challenge undesirable safety behaviour in a constructive manner; and
- The ability to demonstrate pro-active engagement with all levels within projects to drive and promote leadership and behavioural change.
We envisage that the successful applicant has previously worked on high profile urban civil projects in the past and is able to bring with them the knowledge, experience and tenacity that is required to deliver successful completion.
Our Engineering business offers a comprehensive civil engineering capability. We provide services to public and private clients with a focus on Roads, Bridges and Tunnels, Rail and Civil Infrastructure.
Lendlease is one of the world's leading property and infrastructure groups. Our vision is to create the best places not just for our clients and communities, but especially for our employees. Delivering iconic and award-winning projects, we are setting standards in innovative, safety and industry-leading project management, construction and design services locally and globally.
Lendlease is a diverse, flexible and inclusive employer of choice. We engage, enable and empower our people. Inclusion sets us all up for success.
All applications will need to be submitted via the online system. To find out more about this role contact Richard Lumb on 0448 307 542. To explore all other job opportunities, visit www.lendlease.com/careers